- The role will be responsible to the Medical Services Supervisor for the Clinical Governance of the Medical Service at Remote Sites to ensure patient safety and care.
- Fitness for Duty
- Emergency Medical Response
- Implementation of the Wellness Program and
- Other duties as required
The role provides point of contact for all medical issues at the remote sites including Emergency Response Team, Emergency Management Team members, etc. Conducts audits of medical service provision and makes recommendations to remediate adverse findings. Responsible for on-site medical resource management. Responsible for ensuring remote Medical Service fulfils legislative and licensing obligations. Collates data regarding KPIs and provides report / recommendations of same. Ensures professional development and competency of all staff is reviewed annually.
Works collaboratively with the Health Safety and Environment (HSE) teams in areas of Public Health Surveillance that require clinical input. Particularly in respect of required health surveillance, such as for hazardous chemicals and hearing conservation. Assists with on-site investigations of case management. Oversees site FFD cases in alignment with Medical Case Coordinators and Chief Medical Officer, including:
- Receipt of case reports
- Populating the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and updating EMR accordingly
- Collation of statistics and management of evacuation and isolation cases and associated support
Facilitate the operational requirements to implement the Wellness Program at remote sites including:
- Coordination of the on-site wellness programs with relevant contractor providers
- Training and education sessions to the workforce
- Working with supervisors and specific work groups to discuss and implement relevant strategies, and
- Collate and review data to evaluate effectiveness of wellness activities at the sites.
The position be offered as a 12 month contract with an even time 14/14 rotation.