I am recruiting for a Microbiologist to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Holmes Chapel offering a competitive salary plus benefits. The role is Monday to Friday and on a rotating shift pattern of 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm.
The function of this position is to perform microbiological and other testing following approved methodology to assure that the safety, quality, purity and stability of systems products, components and in-process stages are in compliance with approved specifications
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts microbiological and other testing of systems, raw materials, in-process checks, finished products, components and stability products using established test methods to prove accurate and reliable data to assure microbiological quality and compliance.
- Assures through review that data generated is accurate, reliable and reproducible.
- Trains and assists laboratory associates in interpretation of Regulatory and compendia requirements.
- Supports Senior Microbiologists and the Microbiology Quality Leader in performing non-routine activities, usually to established methods and procedures
- Trouble-shoots instrumentation used in routine testing.
- Correct erroneous data and trains associates to avoid future errors.
- Supports resolution to manufacturing deviations.
- Supports Senior Microbiologists/Microbiology Quality Leader in investigations through analytical techniques to problems dealing with manufacture, product quality, customer complaints or human error.
- Difficulties encountered during routine testing and data review are escalated to laboratory supervision for discussion and approval prior to release.
- BSc or equivalent in a scientific subject or related
- 1-2 year microbiology experience ideally working within a manufacturing environment
- GMP experience
- Excellent attention to detail