An established and recognised Construction Materials Manufacturer is looking to increase the current skill set and capability by employing a number Maintenance Engineer’s to join their existing team.
Working as part of a team to ensure continued production to high quality and ensuring the most effective production process from an engineering perspective, you will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of machinery for the entire plant.
- Repair and maintenance of all machinery on site including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic.
- To work with robots to ensure optimum performance level.
- To undertake reactive and preventative maintenance on all plant and equipment in line with the maintenance plan.
- Work with the Engineering Stores Administrator to ensure optimum stock levels of spare parts are maintained.
- In conjunction with Engineering Stores development of machine specific parts schedules.
- Contribute and actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- To participate in and contribute to other aspects of departmental addressing issues such as health and safety, quality, cost, efficiency, 5Ss, standardised work practices and effective communication.
- Responsible for site security when manufacturing Team Leaders are not on site including start up and shut down of machines, ensuring that site lock-up and alarm procedures are followed when opening and securing the site.
- Support any part of the business where required.
- To work as part of a cross functional team.
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing environment (Heavy industry preferred)
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering
- Ensure with support from maintenance the installation of all required equipment and tooling in line with HSE requirements
- Knowledge of: Welding/Turning/Fabrication/PLCs/Robots/Electrical and Mechanical engineering
- ONC/HNC in relevant subject
- Recognised apprenticeship
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work regulations
- £44,000 (includes shift allowance)
- Extra benefits
Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Heavy Machinery
Location – Bedfordshire