The Network Administrator position requires intermediate to advanced proficiency in multiple IT systems. The Network Administrator to be responsible for supporting my client’s IT Network infrastructure which includes but is not limited to installing and maintaining LAN/WAN/Wireless networks and devices, conducting circuit and traffic analysis and resolving latency or other performance issues, troubleshooting switching and routing issues, managing and troubleshooting firewall and DNS configurations.
This Network Administrator requires a strong service delivery and optimization focus. Contribute as a project resources, act as escalation point for outage and problem events, and complete network administrative functions necessary to ensuring service delivery.
Network Administrator Qualifications Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure technologies and services, which include:
- Cisco Routing, Switching and Wireless, (IOS/NXOS)
- Switched Ethernet, Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Client-Based IPSec/SSL VPN, Site-Based IPSec VPN, DMVPN
- WAN Circuit technologies (xDSL, Cable, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, T1, E1)
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure technologies and services, which include:
- Load Balancing and WAN Optimization (F5 and Riverbed)
- PIX/ASA Firewalls, IPS/IDS
- Protocol Analysis (Netflow, SNMP, Syslog, Wireshark)
- QoS, DNS, DHCP, Radius, TACACS+
- Network Security Technologies (Proxy/Content Filtering, ISE, CWS, MFA)
- 802.11a/b/g Wireless LANs
- IP Telephony and VoIP
- iSCSI Based Storage
- Microsoft server operating systems (2008, 2012)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in IT or a related discipline or proven experience working in an IT environment required.
- Proven experience supporting network systems preferably in a large enterprise.
- Cisco CCNP preferred
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK