Location: Villahermosa, MX
Employee Type: Full- time, Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing E&P Operator has a permanent opportunity for an Operations Manager to be based in Villahermosa, MX.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Manager shall be responsible for providing operational support to all oil and gas operations in Mexico. In particular the Operations Manager will engage and oversee the activities of subcontractor services of drilling of wells, workover activities, lease and facilities construction and other upstream oil and gas activities.
The Operations Manager responsibilities shall generally include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Company focal point for all operational issues associated with the company’s field development activities
- Coordinate and supervise contractors and oil field service providers to ensure efficient, timely and cost effective field operations, design
- Participation in the review of Health, Safety and Environmental Protection to ensure safe and responsible operations
- Reviewing and commenting on operating manuals field operations procedures
- Verification that equipment, facilities and infrastructure are mechanically competent
- Prevention of hazardous conditions for personnel and equipment
- Oversee well productivity and responsible for efficient production from wells and facilities of the company’s assets
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in onshore upstream projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading contractors teams on onshore well sites
- Experience managing and leading a team in Latin America
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, or equivalent.
- Fluent in English & Spanish.
- Handles stressful situations and quickly resolves matters that impact operations.
- Ability to build relationships, strong communication skills and understand different cultures.
- Strong team player who demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and credibility.
- Ability to work in a target driven environment under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, strong communication skills and ability to influence.
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse and heavy workload for a team.
- Has a strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively.
- Willing to travel and meet demands of building well sites across Mexico.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Operator who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, and more. For more information on this opportunity, please reach out to Mishu Ullah.