- Directs and supervises mechanics and all manufacturing personnel with respect to safety, production volume, cost and quality of production, productivity, meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Oversees capacity planning and work center calendars.
- Analyze and develop process and procedures to ensure consistent structures and procedures are enforced company wide.
- Research and stay current on manufacturing processes and tooling to increase production and efficiency.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot production department to ensure efficient work flow. Encourages efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices..
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Oversees proper maintenance of plant and production facilities, including preventive maintenance program.
- Recommends changes in production methods or material handling procedures.
- Ensures compliance to company procedures and quality requirements and programs.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the procurement of materials, components, supplies and services essential to the operation of the company.
- Oversee the approval and control of all purchasing activities.
- Investigates new developments in materials and supplies and make recommendations on improving the quality and cost of purchases.
- Establish employee and department goals; motivate and maintain accountability of personnel to achieve optimal outcomes, provide coaching and training as required for improved career development and efficient operations.
- Forecast, manage and allocate annual department budget.
- Establish, maintain, and execute to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set forth by the business Leadership.
- Advanced analytical skills to perform essential job functions.
- Must be innovative in developing new tooling and equipment changes.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills to effect change.
- Must possess strong level of decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills to attain optimal outcome in implementing process and tooling changes that will ensure the manufacture of high quality products.
- Comprehensive product knowledge of steel manufacturing components and operation and ability to read and understand technical drawings, documents and specifications.
- Technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Intermediate MS Word to create and complete work documents and forms; MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MRP systems. Experience with EPICOR or other ERP systems a plus.
Experience: Ten years or more of previous related experience and three years management experience required in a steel fabrication environment.