Job DescriptionResponsible for the Leadership and supervision of the manufacturing activities of the plant and facilities. Duties include but not limited to managing day to day direct reports, coordinating manufacturing processes, inventory, shop operations, and scheduling to meet customer needs. Ensure the continuous and efficient production of goods with quality and safety as set forth by company objectives and standards.
- Directs and supervises mechanics and all manufacturing personnel with respect to safety, production volume, cost and quality of production, productivity, meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
- Oversees capacity planning and work center calendars.
- Analyze and develop process and procedures to ensure consistent structures and procedures are enforced company wide.
- Research and stay current on manufacturing processes and tooling to increase production and efficiency.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot production department to ensure efficient work flow. Encourages efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices..
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Oversees proper maintenance of plant and production facilities, including preventive maintenance program.
- Recommends changes in production methods or material handling procedures.
- Ensures compliance to company procedures and quality requirements and programs.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the procurement of materials, components, supplies and services essential to the operation of the company.
- Oversee the approval and control of all purchasing activities.
- Investigates new developments in materials and supplies and make recommendations on improving the quality and cost of purchases.
- Establish employee and department goals; motivate and maintain accountability of personnel to achieve optimal outcomes, provide coaching and training as required for improved career development and efficient operations.
- Forecast, manage and allocate annual department budget.
- Establish, maintain, and execute to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set forth by the business Leadership.
- Advanced analytical skills to perform essential job functions.
- Must be innovative in developing new tooling and equipment changes.
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills to effect change.
- Must possess strong level of decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills to attain optimal outcome in implementing process and tooling changes that will ensure the manufacture of high quality products.
- Comprehensive product knowledge of steel manufacturing components and operation and ability to read and understand technical drawings, documents and specifications.
- Technical software skills to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Intermediate MS Word to create and complete work documents and forms; MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MRP systems. Experience with EPICOR or other ERP systems a plus.
Experience: Ten years or more of previous related experience and three years management experience required in a steel fabrication environment.