Job DescriptionJob Title – Plant Superintendent
Job Location – Beaumont, TX
Job Type – Permanent, Full- Time
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing Chemicals Operator has a permanent opportunity for a Plant Superintendent to be based in Beaumont, TX.
Help set and monitor performance criteria, objectives and goals for the plant in the areas of Safety, Environment, Performance and Production. Plan, direct and monitor the work of operators on shift. Engage in self-development activities and promote development of others. Actively assist in the management of the Operations Department. Schedule hourly overtime, review procedures, direct and document training, coach and counsel team members; coordinate operations activities with other plant departments and role model expected behavior.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates the day to day functioning of the plant’s operations through the Sr. Production Operations Supervisors to ensure the assigned plant is operated safely, reliably and efficiently.
- Reviews daily logs/instruction books and provides guidance to ensure the plant is operated in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
- Maintain the Process Unit and Utilities at all times. When emergencies do occur, keep the loss of production and damage to equipment at the minimum possible. Adjust the operating conditions and charge rates when needed for the overall optimization of the plant.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Interpret specifications, P&IDs, work orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Support environmental compliance by monitoring all emissions to ensure corrective action is taken when needed. Report all emergency releases that occur to the HSE Department immediately.
- Evaluate, with input from unit operators, any equipment problems that affect the operation of the plant. Determine when emergency maintenance is required and call out the appropriate employees.
- Review and discuss the lab test results with the operators to ensure corrective action is taken where needed. Report variances that require special attention by shift supervisors, engineering, or maintenance.
- Handle the basic first aid needs of the employees and obtain medical assistance when needed.
- Provide various Operations Department-related reports as needed.
- Direct staff and monitor any oversight.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Responsible for supervising the Senior Production Operations Shift Supervisor(s). Indirectly supervises all Operators in department and Administrative Assistant.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 8 years operational management experience in industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Operator who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, and more.