Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Principal Regulatory Measurement Specialist
LOCATION: México City, MX (Cuidad México)
JOB TYPE: Permanent/ Full-Time, Local Hire
** Note, this is not an Expat position**
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, a global resources Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Principal Regulatory Measurement Specialist to be based in Mexico City, Mexico.
Provide regulatory expertise to the Company Project team on regulatory matters. Assist with regulatory and permitting activities with key government agencies and officials for operations in Mexico. Develop and execute a regulatory planning strategy to ensure all regulatory requirements have been identified and are included in the planning for the operations and ensure key internal stakeholders are familiar with issues that will or may impact planned operations.
A pre-requisite for the role is a high degree of fluency in written and oral Spanish and English – i.e. a capability to proficiently communicate in Spanish and English, and accurately translate from Spanish to English and vice versa.
- Coordinate and plan regulatory submissions to ensure timely and accurate preparation and submittal of documentation.
- Support and keep current the Regulatory Management Framework
- Monitor and analyze proposed regulations to determine the potential impact on the business
- Prepare and coordinate the review of proposed regulatory positions in cooperation with functional teams
- Prepare and submit comments to Governments expressing Company position in cooperation with functional teams
- Support the business by identifying improvements to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of the permit application process.
- Facilitate the legal and regulatory requirements associated with delivery of new projects through coordination with relevant subject matter experts.
- Coordinate productivity improvements for regulatory compliance management activities.
- Maintain and drive continuous improvements to regulatory compliance systems.
- Pursue improvements to the process of compliance assessment
- Prepare and communicate timely alerts to senior management regarding emerging regulatory issues with potential to impact the business.
- Prepare and issue regular reports to senior management highlighting the status of regulatory compliance across the business and report on all regulatory activities that will or may potentially impact operations in Mexico.
- Maintain compliance registers, including tracking of regulatory approvals.
- Ensure Regulatory obligations are uploaded into the company action tracker
- Coordinate the permitting process with ASEA, SENER, CNH and other Agencies as required; including activities related to exploration, drilling, development and production operations
- Conduct periodic regulatory audits to verify compliance and report on current status/gaps or whenever there are changes to applicable laws
- Provides advice and input to the sub-contractors on relevant regulatory issues, as appropriate.
- Represent the company in key regulatory stakeholder meetings, including meetings with government agencies, local content committees, non-governmental organizations and communities to ensure alignment of project and operational objectives.
- Conduct compliance assurance reviews applicable to Measurement Mechanisms
- Provide regulatory expertize in the implementation of the Project Measurement Mechanisms
- Provide technical interpretation of the regulatory guidelines focused on production before and after the measurement points
- Provide technical interpretation of the regulations applicable to commercialization of hydrocarbons
- Provide technical interpretation of the regulations applicable to marketing issues, including import and export.
- Action-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity and focused on priorities
- Attention to detail
- Accountable and responsible
- Collaborates effectively with HSE Function and Operational teams
- Communicates regularly to assess priorities
- Influencing and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to COMPANY Charter Values
- Willingness to stand alone, challenge the status quo
- Understanding of regulatory issues in Petroleum (seismic, drilling, projects or production)
- Ability to effect change through others
- Effective team player – acceptance, respect and appreciation for others ideas and contributions
- Results oriented – determination to achieve success
- HSE Manager, Mexico
- Company Project Team
- Global and Geophysical team
- Drilling and Completions team
- Projects team
- Petroleum HSE Function
- Petroleum HSE A&I Team
- Mexico Government Agencies
- Contractors and service providers
- Environmental and Regulatory Consultants
- Industry/Government Work Groups
- Law Degree or Bachelor's Degree with knowledge of Business Law or
- Engineering or Science Degree with proven Regulatory experience
- Minimum 5 years Upstream and/or Midstream (Oil & Gas) Regulatory Experience
- Demonstrated experience working with Oil and Gas International Regulations and Mexico regulatory requirements
- Expertize in Mexico Oil and Gas measuring mechanisms
- General knowledge of seismic, exploration projects, drilling, shore base, development and/or production operations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of oil and gas Operation Procedures
- Ability to travel internationally and manage multiple assignments
- Strong communication and presentation skills
** Note, this is not an Expat position**
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a globally recognized energy Operator who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions within the Oil, Gas and Energy industry. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package, annual bonus, medical benefits, and holidays. On top of competitive compensation, the candidate will join a forward-thinking company that puts culture and their people at the forefront of their business.