JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time
LOCATION: Cameron, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading
Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Sr. Process Engineer to be based near TX/ LA border in Cameron, LA.
The Engineer, Process reports to the Senior Staff Engineer, Process - Technical Services, and is the technical contact for all matters related to the process technology employed in the facility. The Engineer, Process provides Operations and Maintenance departments with process expertise to support commissioning, start-up, operation and shutdown of process units, monitors daily plant operations, performs troubleshooting and process optimization, participates in development of capital projects, conducts research and process testing as required to solve problems, supports safety and environmental compliance, and understands business objectives so that the facility operates in support of business needs.
- Develop tools to monitor process performance and make improvement recommendations.
- Support plant Operations personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns.
- Develop and run computer process simulations in support of daily plant operations, plant modifications and capital projects.
- Design and carry out tests in the interest of enhancing production or solving process problems.
- Provide process engineering support for the commissioning, start-up and operation of the LNG plant and/or new process units installed in the facility.
- Participate in the development, reviews and bidding of engineering services and technical contracts.
- Provide project support by providing technical oversight of the process design and reviewing contractor’s documents.
- Participate in the development of process basis, preliminary estimates, and schedules for project design scopes.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) utilizing checklist, “what if”, and Hazard and Operability Review (HAZOP) methodologies.
- Participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews. (PSSR).
- Participate in incident investigation teams.
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Support procedure development and training related to capital projects, temporary or new modes of operation, and compliance.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Work with Engineering and Construction department to assure O & M interests are represented on major projects.
- Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments as required.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering. A Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is a plus.
- Experience: Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in an industrial setting in operations depending on type of experience.
- Must have 5 years’ minimum experience in an operating refinery or gas plant
- Experience with LNG, petrochemical, refinery, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing is required. Previous experience in commissioning and start-up’s is a plus.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the country’s leading Operators who are driving forward increasingly specialised and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive rate as well as a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, and more. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Mishu Ullah.