|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Martin Hughes|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2017 17:12|
The main purpose of this role is to provide Process Engineering Technical support in a large scale top tier COMAH Fine Chemicals production environment. To resolve technical problems on existing plants and to develop and evaluate new and modified manufacturing processes and options as agreed with first line manager.
• Low level Project Engineering/Management
• Appreciates and implements HSE standards as integral part of the job
• Demonstrates basic business understanding
• Assist in the evaluation of proposals for new, improved or expanded plant for new and existing manufactures to meet quality, cost, operability, productivity and SHE objectives agreed with their line manager.
• Advise in the solution of routine manufacturing process problems in order to permit restoration of satisfactory process operation and continued improvement of production performance.
• Communicate with other functions to exchange information and results for the direction and monitoring of development work
• Assist capital project teams by the provision of basic design data to meet agreed targets of scope, cost and time
• Prepare process and plant trial documentation, and take part in technical start-up teams, to ensure that design intent is met and production is established safely and effectively.
• Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SI’s, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Chartered Engineer and Masters Equivalent in Chemical Engineering
• Experience in a fine chemicals/pharma environment
• Working knowledge of SHE standards (to include risk assessments (HazOp/HAZAN), design and definition of relief streams, SIL/SIS, LOPA, ATEX, DSEAR etc)
• Acquires basic project / works procedures
• General applied equipment knowledge
• Commissioning documentation and procedures
• Routine problem solving skills
• Good standard of numerical accuracy (self checking)
• Simple Report, log and standard notebook writing, and the formatting and presentation of data
• Good oral communication at PTD and plant level
• Planning of own work
• Relevant computer skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's