Location: Cameron, LA
Type: Permanent, Full- Time
NES Global Talent in partnership with a fast growing Midstream Operator is hiring Sr. Process Engineer lng for a permanent position based in Cameron, Louisiana.
The Sr. Process engineer should have broad understanding of the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry. Familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods used to keep process facilities safe. In- depth knowledge of LNG process engineering related to LNG processing, storage, and transportation.
- Develop tools to monitor process performance and make improvement recommendations.
- Support plant Operations personnel in troubleshooting process issues and concerns.
- Develop and run computer process simulations in support of daily plant operations, plant modifications and capital projects.
- Design and carry out tests in the interest of enhancing production or solving process problems.
- Provide process engineering support for the commissioning, start-up and operation of the LNG plant and/or new process units installed in the facility.
- Participate in the development, reviews and bidding of engineering services and technical contracts.
- Provide project support by providing technical oversight of the process design and reviewing contractor’s documents.
- Participate in the development of process basis, preliminary estimates, and schedules for project design scopes.
- Thoroughly understand the technical Management of Change (MOC) process and utilize it in support of capital projects and routine facility changes.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) utilizing checklist, “what if”, and Hazard and Operability Review (HAZOP) methodologies.
- Participate in Pre Startup Safety Reviews. (PSSR).
- Participate in incident investigation teams.
- Participate in regulatory agency audits.
- Support procedure development and training related to capital projects, temporary or new modes of operation, and compliance.
- Reinforce safety and environmental awareness through frequent job observations and by interfacing with plant personnel.
- Work with Engineering and Construction department to assure O & M interests are represented on major projects.
- Interact with and support Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and other departments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering. A Professional Engineer’s (PE) License is a plus.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience in an industrial setting in engineering or operations, depending on type of experience. Experience with LNG liquefaction, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing is required. Previous experience in commissioning and start-up’s is a plus.