Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Process Safety & Operational Excellence Engineer
LOCATION: St. James, Louisiana
- Must have Greenfield experience. Methanol preferred.
- Responsible for selecting & implementing the company’s Process Safety Management software used for managing the 14 elements of PSM
- Conducts initial and ongoing training to all personnel of PSM software
- Manages compliance with PSM requirements, including MOC, PSSR, and PHAs
- Ensures relief valves are managed properly through the PSM or maintenance software
- Assists in incident investigations and cause mapping
- Assists in identifying training needs
- Collaborates with EHSS Manager on ticketed incidents & accidents; takes corrective action and institutes preventive plans
- Reports open & incomplete items in the PSM system to the necessary parties; determines actions needed to close items
- Reports weekly/monthly reports to the EHSS Manager, using PSM system as database
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required.
- 15+ years of experience in Process Safety Management required.
- Years completed in Chemical/Oil & Gas Industry preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or Process Improvement experience.
- Experience in setting up a PSM program preferred.
- Knowledge of fourteen (14) elements of PSM.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements in a chemical/petrochemical environment
- Working Knowledge of P&IDs and how to read and modify the documents.