A leading oil and gas operating client is currently looking for a Lead Process Safety Engineer. The role will be based in the contractor office in SW London working on a caspian project.
The Lead Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of Process Safety engineering activity on the Project in support of an Inherently Safe Design (ISD) which is compliant with the projects local regulations and client standards. Reporting to the Engineering Manager the position will provide technical guidance and assurance to the Project, ensuring safe, consistent and cost effective application of Project, client and regulatory codes and standards and good engineering practice.
- Working with the Engineering Contractor during FEED and long lead procurement phases of the Project, providing technical integrity assurance in the delivery of the Process Safety scope of work, as well as input to the overall project and engineering decisions.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the planning of any future stages of the work for the Process Safety discipline.
- Chemical / Safety Engineering Degree or relevant industry experience
- Experience in design safety in front end engineering design and detailed design, EPMS Contractor experience on major Projects.
- Experience working in a lead Engineering role
- Experience working in the Caspian region would be an advantage
- Experience managing EPC contractors
- Must be eligible to work in UK without needing a visa
- Working for a international operator
- Oil and Gas mega project
- Ongoing contract 12 + months