Salary: $Negotiable Dependent on Experience
The Client Our client are one of the world's leading providers of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. They are looking for a highly experienced Procurement Manager to be based in their office in Calgary.
The Procurement Specialist ensures items or services are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered upon agreed terms and conditions seeking maximum value for the company including agreed time and cost.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Interfaces with Product Line Planning Manager in order to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Interface with the local AP personnel to ensure that the entire procurement to pay (P2P) process is implemented fully and seamlessly at the local level.
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items and manages the approval process
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders, with appropriate supporting documents, to Supplier
- Tracks acknowledgement of order by Supplier
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to internal customers
- Enquires and tracks with designated Supplier and confirmation of System Lead Time, Delivery Date and Cost
- Reviews, updates and maintains Open Purchase Orders until closed.
- Reports Supplier non-conformances
- Follows up System Action Messages in a timely manner
- Prepares return documentation to Supplier
- Leads finance and Logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources form assigned tasks
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
- Work with all relevant parties in the consolidation, reduction and rationalization of the local supplier base.
Skills / Qualifications
- ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN CANADA
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain Management
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role.