The role with require knowledge and experience of contract costing on a varied scale ideally in an engineering or professional services environment. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of project & operations personnel including overseas. They will be ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines and manage a relationship through an external service centre
- Ensure accurate financial P&L and project results in a rolling monthly fiscal cycle for own projects
- Relationship with internal service centre for them to create and reconcile client facing sales invoices
- Maintenance of contract ledgers including set up, commercial details, transaction controls, cost and management accounting, monitoring of financial results and unbilled.
- Identify financial risks within projects and communicate updates regularly.
- Support supervisor in wider month end process including overhead, operating unit performance results and key metric creation reports within strict deadlines.
- Day to day liaison with Project Managers and other stakeholders regarding the financial accuracy control and improvement of each contracts financial position.
- Attendance at key project reviews, sole finance representative, answering financial impacting questions, providing feedback to supervisor and controller
- Provide direct support to supervisor in building, analysing and reviewing quarterly business forecasts and business plan generation
- Significant excel tabular and graphical presentations to be built, reviewed and apply insightful concise information to operational leads
- Familiarity with Oracle Financials and US Sarbanes Oxley Procedures
- Good telephone manner
- Strong Excel skills in both building and reviewing financial results
Project Accounting, Accounting, Engineering, Accounting Engineering