Our client is developing its regional footprint for project execution through creation of a project management and control pool in their Reading office. This role is key in establishing and ensuring projects are run according to the Global Governance, standard project control tools (ARM, CCS etc.), PEM and in alignment with agreed contract conditions, taking lean principles, best practice and lessons learnt.
We are looking for a Project Support Engineer who can strengthen the team by assisting the Project Management Team in delivering Customer Requirements in terms of Quality, Schedule and Cost. We require an effective communicator who can analyse and simplify complex data, build sustainable cross functional relationships and encourages team working and objective alignment.
Reporting to the Project manager, key responsibilities will be to;
- Provide effective support to Projects by monitoring and controlling all material deliveries from engineering to customer, i.e. ensuring that all materials are procured/manufactured/delivered to meet Project requirements and are progressing according to plan
- Through the Project network, be in close contact to Engineering activities in order to ensure inputs for Procurement & Manufacturing execution are provided as planned
- Define and implement mitigation strategies when Project is exposed to risk and delays
- Expedite NCR process from execution towards Projects
- In standalone Projects, perform the QS (MC) interface towards the client
- Initiate the delivery process (shipments)
- Manage handover of materials from Project to Services throughout Project lifecycle
- Close-out Project as per Project Execution Model
- Assist with commercial and contractual aspects of the Project including cost forecasting, overspends, risk and integrated change management
- Lead taskforces related to major rework situations and/or major abnormalities in the Project execution
- Provide support and input to Project Execution Model Gate process
- Attend and represent Project Operational Status in EP&C meetings
- If requested by the Project Manager, represent the Project in Project meetings
Suitable candidates should possess the following;
- BSc/MSc Engineering/Business Management Degree
- Effective Communication skills and the ability to analyse and simplify complex data
- Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Project Management, from the Oil & Gas or similar industry
- Competent IT Skills including SAP and MS Office
- Ability to analyse PV or other type of project controls planning tools, identifying critical path, progress and areas of risk
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary and benefits, plus a strong work/life balance, positive work environment with challenging tasks, and a range of development opportunities.