Job DescriptionProject Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Projects Manager you will be responsible for conceptual design, preparation of cost estimates, procurement and detail design or review and approval of detail design. This is a full time and permanent role with excellent access to progression opportunities. Normal working hours apply to this position.
- Provide an effective comprehensive project engineering service for assigned capital investment projects including:
- Development of requirement specifications in collaboration with the customer and other interested parties
- Development of design documentation to support the procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and qualification of new and modification to existing equipment and systems
- Development of work breakdown structures, cost estimates and project programmes
- Manage the capital lifecycle of the project, including capital approval, maintaining accurate financial data for the project (spend and forecast) and project closure
- Manage the compliance lifecycle of the project, including change control, QRA and responding to quality investigations
- Facilitate the smooth running of the project, including ensuring cross function resource requirements are identified and secured, and that compliance with EHS and Quality requirements are fulfilled
- Support with and in some cases lead the commissioning and qualification activities
- Ensure HSE governance process is flowed including Hazard Study process and that actions are tracked and completed.
- Ensure handover of all technical files including all pre start-up inspections,
- Manage contract engineering staff as required by each project
- Manage construction activities and oversee commissioning activities.
- Ensure engineering project work is undertaken by competent staff and that resource is effectively managed. Where external engineering consultants and contractors are engaged, to ensure that the services provided are in accordance with company standards and practices.
- Ensure negotiations with third party Companies meet the site’s business requirements.
- Ensure that the required standard of cGMP and EHS are anticipated, implemented and maintained for all areas of responsibility.
- Promote and generate continuous improvement projects and initiatives including engineering systems and ways of working.
- To ensure that standards, codes of practice and statutory requirements are incorporated into all stages of the project
- Degree in one of the engineering disciplines (Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical/Civil)
- Expected to be an expert in one of the engineering disciplines; chemical, mechanical, Electrical or civil but have a basic knowledge of all roles and their application in a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in planning, designing and programming projects utilising information technology (MS Project/Excel).
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong collaborator
- Experience working on engineering projects within the pharmaceutical or fine chemical industries
- A role where you are instrumental to creating best practice and as the organisation grows, you can too.
- They offer a generous package including flexible benefits, and are committed to helping you have a healthy work-life balance throughout your career with them
- Parking available onsite
- This is a full time role and they support flexible working