Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is delighted to be supporting an engineering company, who specialise within the water treatment industry, with a Project Engineer vacancy within their business. The client has significant experience in designing and building bespoke engineering solutions, and is currently looking to add to the Project team with immediate effect.
We expect the successful candidate to have experience and / or qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline, and although experience of project engineering in the water / wastewater sector is a definite advantage, we are also prepared to consider newly qualified engineers.
This staff position will have a specific focus on post contract work, but the client is looking for an individual who is prepared to be flexible and support with pre contract work, along with occasional site visits. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Specifying and purchasing of equipment, progressing its manufacture & delivery, ensuring its quality and compliance with the Company’s and clients’ specifications (where appropriate) and our quotation.
- Production of general contract documentation including Equipment Schedules, Data Sheets etc.
- Creating Health & Safety documentation including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH assessments, Safety Instructions etc.
- Production of Functional Design Specifications based on outline operating process concepts.
- Providing periodic technical support for a small number of other clients with both water and wastewater treatment plants of various types
- Assisting in the bringing to market, sales, support and servicing of new water / wastewater treatment products & technologies
- Day-to-day liaison with client & contractors
- Commercial & technical negotiations with suppliers
- Drawing work as required, mainly involving the use of a software design package such as AutoCAD (not essential, but advantageous)
- Competitive basic salary
- Attractive bonus scheme, depending on personal & overall company performance
- Pension scheme; they will match your contributions up to 7.5% of your basic salary
- Personal Healthcare insurance (subject to acceptance under normal T&Cs)