Due to continued expansion, our client is currently looking for an assistant project engineer to join their onsite engineering delivery team in Cheshire.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is keen to learn and develop their skills in project engineering delivery and can support the team to complete projects in varying size and complexity. This is a varied role with responsibility for project engineering, scheduling, cost and delivery.
- Assist the project team in ensuring that projects are run in compliance with company and client requirements.
- Assist the project team in maintaining and integrating project schedules
- Assist the project team in establishing and maintaining the project documentation including creating job files, schedules and costings
- Assist the project team in reviewing engineer reports, ensuring all work has been completed and in the estimated timeframe.
- Keep the Project Managers, Technical Director and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
- Demonstrates cost consciousness and ability to perform cost control
- Works under close supervision to achieve time, cost & quality in all assignments.
- Flexible where possible in role & team contribution. Service Delivery, Technical Skills and Task Management
- Experience in an engineering and project delivery environment
- Construction experience in heavy industry such as Nuclear, Petrochemical, Power or Manufacturing
- Extensive experience in MS Projects and ability to use without supervision
- Positive attitude and motivated to learn
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Passionate about Project Engineering / Electrical Engineering principles.
- AutoCAD skills (not essential).
- Microsoft Office Competent.
This is an excellent opportunity to work under an experienced management team who can support your future development within the engineering and construction industry.
Please contact me directly to talk through your experience and your suitability for the position.