Job DescriptionNES have an exciting requirement for a Project Manager for a large chemical R&D facility in Berkshire on a 12 month contract.
They require a to look after variety planned works to the value of up £2M per annum and will be responsible for ensuring full integration between design, construction and commissioning phases of projects
- Direct management of engineering capital projects
- Ensure that project construction activities are carried out safely and in accordance with statutory HSE requirements such as the CDM regulations
- Ensure the timely implementation of new or improved assets consistent with business requirements and within agreed cost and safety parameters.
- Responsible for the planning, monitoring and control of all aspects of a project and the motivation of all those involved in it to achieve the project objectives on time and to the specified cost, quality, safety and performance
- Agree, set and achieve challenging success criteria for projects and formulate and deliver project execution strategies to achieve delivery through a project team composed mainly of third parties
- Define, estimate, deliver and track and report safety, costs and physical progress of individual capital projects
- Effective supervision of contractors in occupied facilities, evaluation of Risk Assessments and Method Statements produced by contractors and Issue of permits to contractors
- Experience working as a PM within building service industry
- HSE experience on large sites with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience of Risk Assessment process
- HNC/HND or similar in Building Services
- Able to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
Project Management, Project Engineering, Design, Construction, Commissioning, CDM 2015, Health and Safety, HSE, CAPEX, Capex Projects