Job Type – Permanent/ Full Time, Regular Salaried
FLSA Status - Exempt
Location – West Texas (Pecos, Midland, or Odessa)
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Superintendent to be based in West Texas (Odessa, Midland, or Pecos).
The Project Superintendent is, first and foremost, responsible for his/her Safety, as well as the safety of all subordinate employees, according to Company’s EHS Policy. Project Superintendents must ensure compliance with all applicable company, local, state, and federal Safety, Health and Environmental regulations. The Project Superintendent coordinates all site pipeline and/or facilities construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. The Project Superintendent will provide guidance and direction to multiple projects within assigned area of responsibility.
Primary Job Function:
- Promotes job safety, enforces safe work practices and mitigates job site hazards immediately.
- Conducts Job Safety Assessments (JSA) before work begins and communicated mitigations efforts to subordinate employees.
- Coordinates and supervises all pipeline construction activities for maintenance, integrity or new construction projects.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Controls jobsite expenditures for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
- Reviews internal and customer forecasts to determine additional pipeline construction or alteration requirements on pipeline system and facilities.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans, specifications and Company’s policy, procedures and systems.
- Develops field workforce to ensure the project team is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Ensures all company employees, subcontractors and suppliers adhere to Company’s safety policy.
- Maintains respectful and productive relationships with the client and their representatives.
- Maintains an organized job site and administrative office.
- 3+ years of pipeline/facilities Project Management.
- 10+ years in pipeline/facilities construction industry.
- Experience scheduling, ordering, field supervision, and quality control on a pipeline project.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred but not required.
- Analyzes problems and makes sounds decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and cost.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Physical demands require ability to endure frequent physical activity, work long days and handle outdoor elements including a variety of weather conditions.
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing EPC Company who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including per diem comprehensive benefits, medical coverage, paid vacation, and more. For more information on this opportunity, please reach out to Mishu Ullah.