JOB TITLE: Shift Quality Assurance Lead
SHIFTS: – 12HR
SALARY: Up to £37,510
BENEFITS: Excellent Benefits
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business is in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Accountable for shift functions relating to quality, food safety, legal and customer expectations
- Manage processes to ensure that QA procedures and deviations are captured, reported and closed out during shifts.
- To support production with RFT issues whilst maintaining QA schedules for audits in compliance with Customers and accreditations.
- Out of hours quality based decision making, including closing Risk Assessments, accountable for driving of close out of Food safety incidents, audits, etc.
- Aid in out of hours Crisis situations.
- Accountable all site QM functions - Product release & blocking.
- SAP SME
- Lead RCAs
- Carry out Audits in line with the internal auditing schedule and other audits required by the department e.g. GMP audits, Hygiene audits, Glass & Hard Plastic audits, Pest Control Audits. Accountable for driving of close outs of all audit non conformances
- Outer case label generation and amendments
- Training, competency and monitoring of CCPs
- High Risk ingredients & retail labels Intake checks
- Some calibration of factory equipment & responsibility for equipment and environmental checks as required e.g. Temperature control / Pest inspections. Accountable for maintaining all relevant paperwork and systems
- Collection, registration and organisation of micro samples for the contract laboratory Ensure compliance with customer & legal requirements
- Lead and coach Production Management team in 'policing' the departments in terms procedures & policies to ensure RFT and accountable for driving close outs
- Support in creation of Frozen product production paperwork, start up checks, photo standards & QAS forms using document control
- Proactively lead initiatives to improve Food Safety & Quality throughout the company.
- Accountable for driving standards to verify that production documentation is completed correctly and maintained and up to date to satisfy the requirements of the company, customers and certification bodies.
- Champion current practices and ensuring compliance with HACCP, GMP, BRC, Customer COP & Quality System requirements.
- Support in traceability exercises and also investigations in customer complaints & retrieval of library samples.
- Participation in HACCP reviews
- Set up of check weighers
- Conduct weekly taste panel
- Create detailed reports on issues that require escalating / circulating
- To deputise for the Food Safety Manager / Quality System Manager
- To carry out all responsibilities and practices with the aim of producing food safely and to required internal & external specifications within a HACCP framework
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager including cover for the rest of the team.
- Label software
- Appropriate education / experience in QA
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment – minimum 2 years
- Strong Computer & office based work skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong influential and problem solving skills
- Allergen awareness
- HACCP Level 3
- SAP Knowledge
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
For further information please check out our careers page