Job DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: Quality Manager
LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client a downstream operator is looking to hire an Quality Manager on a direct hire basis in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Ensure appropriate participation in the near miss/unsafe conditions/unsafe behavior program.
- Maintain safety as the highest priority of the plant
- Maintain the 20 Principles of Safety
- Adhere to and uphold all safety policies and standards
- Ensure all regulatory training is completed by all department members and self.
- Ensure compliance of laboratory operations to the laboratory safety and hygiene program.
- Ensure compliance of Laboratory, Quality, and laboratory to all site SHE requirements.
- Initiate, prioritize, manage and/or participate in projects designed to improve the safety in laboratory operations.
- Ensure lab compliance to the 20 Principles through safety meetings, tailgate discussions, audits, etc.
- Quality Management Representative for the 3 plants represented in the block
- Back-up to the Quality Coordinator for all Quality Management System responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- quality audit coordination
- timely response provided to audit reports from all formal quality audits
- quality message system mgmt
- action item system performance monitoring
- performance of effectiveness verification for quality corrective actions
- Ensure development of an appropriate budget for laboratory and quality systems related spend.
- Ensure the coordination of the Quality Systems management review in compliance with relevant quality standards.
- Guides organization through transitions in quality standards (new ISO, GMP standard revisions)
- Identify and implement process improvements to improve the effectiveness of the Quality management system and laboratory operations.
- Act as the QN SAP Quality Module super user for new products, spec changes, reporting changes
- BS Chemistry or Natural science required
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Knowledge of ASTM testing methods preferred
- GMP and ISO methods requirement required
- Minimum 10 years experience in chemicals, industry encompassing a broad set of experiences some of which should include manufacturing, technology, and quality