NES Global Talent are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf on a global organisation for large/mega projects taking place in the North West of England.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Forecasted Cost Planning, Estimating, Contracts negotiation
- Preparation of Payment Invoice and certification
- Assessment and tracking of variations and acquiring approval to proceed on variations
- Dispute resolution and claims tracking and negotiation
- Preparation of final account and validate hours claimed by suppliers
- Project management
- Accreditation of Professional Body: “Chartered Quantity Surveyor” in the UK.
- 5+ years’ experience in large/mega MEP/Construction projects.
- Must have full Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover the value of the project liability, or the company that supplies the QS must have this cover.
- Ideally will have experience working with Controls solutions providers
- Ideally would live within 1 to 1 ½ hrs from the project
Reporting to the Project Director, the QS will be required to form part of the Senior Management team on site. The QS will be expected to take part in all client commercial discussions and negotiations. The QS must keep accurate records, both commercial and meeting minutes.
• Weekly reporting of daily activities undertaken and completed is required.
• Timely submittal of the monthly AfP on or before the 15th of every month.
• Unbilled items not paid in a month must be substantiated and cleared in the following month or notified as a risk to the Project Director.