Job DescriptionJob Title: R&D Engineer
Location: London or Sheffield
Salary: Competitive salary with extremely desirable bonus scheme
NES Global Talent are excited to be partnering exclusively with a rapidly growing business, which is emerging as a global technology leader in carbon capture and CO2 separation. Their amazing technologies target the removal of carbon dioxide from renewable natural gases and are being utilised by over 30 customers globally, with the capability to be applied to wide range of industry sectors, including downstream petrochemical, refining and even cement works.
Having secured significant investment from a consortium of some of the most recognisable names in industry, they are now looking to push ahead with their aggressive growth plans.
As such, among a number of strategic business hires, we are looking to identify a talented Chemical Engineer or Chemist, ideally either PhD or Masters qualified, with practical experience in experimental design and data interpretations, to take on the challenge of becoming an R&D Engineer within this amazing company.
The chosen candidate will have the responsibility to compliment and support project activities in their laboratory facilities, collaborating with academic and commercial research partners, to deliver multiple research projects, centred on improving CO2 capture technology and also CO2 utilisation.
This opportunity enables you to be involved in a major expansion of such an incredible company as well as be involved in various desirable research and industrial projects that our client has in their pipeline.
- To coordinate with external parties and collaborators to ensure successful project milestone deliveries.
- To use your understanding of kinetics, mass transfer, and reaction engineering to make innovative contributions to companies’ technology development efforts.
- To develop enhanced work processes and modelling techniques.
- To develop test methods, standards and protocols supporting implementation of new solvent designs.
- To work with onsite teams for alignment of project activities and efficient execution and implementation of R&D projects. May lead multi-functional project teams to support local or worldwide business objectives.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Masters in Chemistry
- Good understanding of the CO2 capture technology landscape
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals: kinetics, thermodynamics, and transport phenomena.
- Industrial project management experience
- Background in experimental design and bench scale laboratory CO2 capture equipment or pilot plants.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or to be able to work under minimal supervision
- Highly creative with regards to proposing new projects, optimizing technology and process concepts