Senior Process Engineer (R&D Projects) - Chemicals- North West- Market Leading Salary
With significant plans for long term growth and capital spend, with a number of new product lines being added to the operation, an international chemical manufacturer have identified the need to recruit an experienced R&D Process Engineer, with the capability to Lead New Product and process optimisation initiatives for the business.
A technically challenging and diverse role, within a small but dynamic R&D team, you will bridge the gap between R&D and plant engineers, chiefly responsible for managing stage gate projects for the site, so will be well versed in leading capital projects from front end to commissioning. Significant experience of new product development, plant design, commissioning, continuous improvement and plant based projects is preferred.
Based at their chemical manufacturing site in the North-West, this is a demanding but exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking business, who are continually looking to innovate in the industry.
In return, on offer is a market leading salary and competitive benefits package, with the opportunity to be at the forefront of new product introductions on the site, within a team that has doubled in only 2 years & is continuing to expand.
- Assist and develop CAPEX project requirements relating to new products and process optimization including scope, budget, resource needs
- Work on research projects including reactions, filtrations, distillations, obtaining data, designing and delivering experiments, compiling analysis, devising scale up processes and operating procedures with appropriate plant trial support
- Understand existing process operations and continually improve operations within the projects worked on
- Bachelors or Master in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering degree (Bachelors or Masters) with 8+ years’ experience on chemical plant including distillation, reaction, heat exchanger, PFD, P&ID
- Experience of computer-based modelling of chemical processes/CHEMCAD/MS Project/VISIO
- Excellent time management skills, able to progress multiple tasks and projects as assigned
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Chartered Engineer
- Excellent salary
R&D Engineer, Process development, product development, distillation, filtration, scale-up, plant trials, Chemical manufacturing, modelling, CHEMCAD, chemical engineering, MS Project, process engineer, optimisation