Location: Houston, TX
Employee Type: Full- time, Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a leading Operator has a permanent opportunity for a Regulatory Analyst to be based in Houston, TX.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Complete necessary tasks related to the submittal of permits and reports required for operations in Mexico
- Read, comprehend, analyze, and communicate key summaries of the current and future laws and regulations in Mexico
- Work closely with operations, HSE, and geology to produce required plans, reports, and documents on a regular basis
- Organize and maintain regulatory filings and relevant documents on the company’s internal network
- Minimum of 5 years in regulatory, HSE or related field working with compliance and government documentation
- Working knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations, processes, and equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with international studies in Spanish speaking country or current experience working with written documentation in Spanish language
- Bilingual (English and Spanish), with strong verbal, written, and reading proficiency
- Willingness to read and understand detailed and complex regulations in Spanish and communicate key findings
- Knowledge and experience with MS Project is preferred
- Strong personal organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creates strong work relationships with internal staff.
- Recognizes personal strengths and weaknesses and be proactive in self-development
- Has a strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively
- Willing to work a demanding and flexible schedule
There are no certificates, licenses or registrations required for this position.
Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time and have use of arms and hands in repetitive motion. A fair amount of standing and walking is also required for the position.