My client are one of the largest Manufacturers of Building Products and Materials in the UK and Overseas and are currently looking for a leader in Mechanical Maintenance to act in a Reliability Management capacity and ensure that production and distribution of a Mechanical function product runs smoothly.
You will work very closely with Senior Management to develop and deliver a strategy to improve functionality and efficiency of direct reports and heavy plant machinery. You must be a strong manager with experience in getting your direct reports to operate at a safe yet effective pace with a zero tolerance policy towards injury and incident.
A heavy industry background is advantageous but not essential, you must be a strong leader – with a proactive approach to your work. Not necessarily a technical expert, but someone from a Mechanical Engineering background with Project Management qualities and strategic vision.
- Motivate a team of maintenance engineers from the Building Products industry
- Liaise closely with peers and line manager to develop an improvement strategy
- Effectively monitor processes to ensure consistent results
- Reporting of results to senior management
- Computer literate
- Strong leadership qualities
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to inflict cultural and/or process change with minimal disturbance
- Able to motivate and ensure results are delivered and reported on efficiently.
- Building Products Industry experience
- Experience operating to a co-operate structure
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 37.5 hours per week (Days)
- 8% Bonus
- Family Healthcare
- Generous pension scheme