Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are currently working with a global organisation who are looking to engage with a highly experienced Mechanical Engineer to work on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will lead, coordinate and project manage lubricant development activities, working alongside the clients engineering team to support ongoing and future lubricants development.
Responsibilities for the role include;
- Project management and reporting: Planning, action tracking, and reporting project progress.
- Data management and analysis: Identifying suitable platform to store test data and responsible for updating test results on time.
- Analyse test data and provide summary reports.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships. Participate in the inter-departmental meetings (and lead where relevant), facilitate information flow between the organisations, provide lubricant related technical input and guidance.
- Implement and coordinate oil analysis: Create a framework to collect oils from engineering development activities, durability programmes and field samples (retail/dealer network) and store the analytical results in a database.
- Strategic Input: As part of the long-term partnership, the role requires the person to engage with key stakeholders to identify lubricant/fluids development activities/opportunity aligned to the technical partnership’s goal/vision.
Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- Experience in the automotive industry is essential.
- Self-motivated and highly organised approach to structured work with attention to detail essential
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proven track record of building relationships with global teams spread across multiple sites and time zones
- Microsoft Office 365