Job DescriptionPosition: Rotating Equipment Engineer
Contract: 6 months extendable
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in all pertinent aspects of the discipline including design, analysis techniques, products, applicable codes and construction practices related to assigned projects
- Interpret scope-of-supply requirements for all rotating equipment from Company bid documents, project specifications and other bid clarification correspondence. Also interpret and become familiar with any other project requirements.
- Develop basic design, TR and procurement related activities of Rotating equipment/packages such as pumps, compressors, centrifuge, blowers etc.
- Equipment selection for both offshore and onshore projects based on client and process requirements, as well as knowledge of relevant industry standards.
- Produce mechanical data sheet, technical requisition, VDRL and other supporting documentation with the assistance of Company Process engineers and others as appropriate to allow outsourcing of rotating equipment.
- Conduct technical bid evaluations upon receipt of vendor bids and prepare technical bid summary.
- Review and approve all mechanical aspects of sub-suppliers engineering design documentation for compliance with project requirement.
- Address client comments on Company and sub-supplier documentation.
- Participate in inspections and testing of equipment as required
- Support Proposals Group with client specification review and bid clarifications including technical exceptions and deviations requests.
- Advice to projects on the selection, engineering, testing, maintenance and commissioning of rotating equipment activities
- Work independently to support execution of Process Systems proposals and projects. Participate in kick-off meetings and quality surveillance activities. Develop project specific documentation for rotating equipment.
- Advise and assist Construction Managers, QA/QC, and Sub-suppliers with the interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required. Estimated at up to 10%.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- Able to assume a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks wherever required.
- As applicable, must be able to perform in the performance of problem root cause analysis and lessons learned.
- As required, must be able to assists in on-the-job-training and mentoring of assigned personnel.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 4-6 years’ relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry, offshore and of oil and gas production, hydrocarbon processing and oil/water separation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Team player with a flexible attitude.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook and approach.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to make technical presentations, write technical reports and working instructions.
- Proven experience with trouble-shooting of process equipment