An opportunity has arrisen for an experienced Protein Scientist to join the Biochemistry team of an established Biotech who are currently expanding their in-house capabilities. Are you experienced in the purification and characterisation of protein/antibodies and interested in the opportunity widen your technical expertise and have a direct iunvolvement in candidates that are selected to be developed in the clinic?
- Supporting in-house biochemistry activities required for the target validation, characterisation and clinical candidate selection of mAbs
- Developing procedures for and purification and characterisation of proteins and antibodies
- Collaborating with the project team to support the selection of clinical candidates
- Supporting the installation and validation of new, state of the art equipment
- Providing training to scientists in your areas of expertise
- PhD or MSc in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or related
- Several years R&D laboratory experience, preferably in antibody discovery or development
- Expeience in protein purification using AKTA systems and a knowledge of Unicorn software
- Protein characterisation using techniques including HPLC, SDS-PAGE, Mass Spec, SPR (Biacore, Octet)
- Self motivated and able to work independently and lead a team
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply now. A member of the NES team will be in touch with all relevant applicants.