NES Global Talent are currently working with a large provider of professional services who are looking to engage with a degree qualified Senior Civil and Structural Designer. The successful candidate must be competent in the use of CAD, AutoCAD and Microstation V8i and will join their North West office on a contract basis. The role will involve detail design for a number of Brownfield and oil and gas chemical modification projects (UK and overseas).
- 2D drawing and detailing of Structural Steelwork, Concrete (including RC scheduling) and roads/drainage.
- Independent production of Civil and Structural drawings with reference to LFM Cloud surveys using Microstation and AutoCAD with true regard to Safety and in compliance with national and Client Codes & Standards.
- Efficient interpretation of Clients, Licensors, other design disciplines and suppliers information to ensure project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Participation in internal and external design reviews.
- Occasional site visits in North and East of England.
- Efficiently executing CAD design activities as directed by the Project Lead Designer and Lead CSA Engineer.
- Estimate man hour budget.
- Liaise with Clients, Licensors, other design disciplines and suppliers on technical matters on a regular basis and in a professional manner.
- Safety – responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Project. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- HND/HNC or higher in Civil and Structural Design/Draughting.
- Microstation and AutoCAD (essential).
- 4-5 Design project minimum experience.
- Broad expertise in Pipe Supports concrete, infrastructure and steelwork.
- Candidates also competent in PDMS will be an advantage.