Senior Civil Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Civil Engineer|
|Location:||Houston, United States|
|Salary:||USD55 - USD65 per hour, Benefits: Yes|
|Contact Name:||Paul Henry|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2018 17:33|
• Makes independent decisions on engineering problems and methods that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on engineering activities.
• Uses advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, principles and practices to solve problems.
• Acts as internal consultant to engineers and technical staff.
• As individual researcher or staff specialist, carries out complex novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
• May represent Company in outside discussions and technical forums.
• Becomes thoroughly familiar with codes, client and project specific specifications, procedures, vendor data, general arrangements and other requirements.
• May be assigned to organize design effort on a particular building, structure, or area.
• Coordinates with counterparts in other departments as needed keeping lead engineer informed.
• Performs computer and possible manual design.
• Provides sketches for drafting, complete with respect to details requiring engineering input.
• Follows up closely with drafting/design to resolve questions and ensure adequacy of content in the final drawing.
• Performs other duties as assigned by lead such as specifications material requisitions, checking of calculations, drawing recheck, review of steel shop details, etc.
• Through lessons learned on projects, provides input to Department Quality Program, Standards and Procedures.
• Provides overall supervision.
• Organizes work to comply with project requirements.
• Prepares and updates the Department Design Basis for a project.
• Prepares material requisitions and technical input to subcontract packages.
• Analyzes and approves EA/QA's.
• Maintains a copy of the relevant sections of the project estimate and generates change notices.
• Assigns all engineering work including checking of calculations; reviews engineering sketches.
• Checks drawings for conformity with design requirements. Stamps drawings as required.
• Ensures that drawing recheck is performed.
• Reviews other disciplines and vendor print inter-squad drawings.
• Reviews and helps update drawing schedule. Makes man-hour forecasts.
• Saves original calculations and soils report for Department files.
• Assigned as a lead engineer on a small project or sub-project area.
Knowledge, Experience and Skillset Required:
Must have strong civil experience in land development, earthwork, erosion control, drainage etc
• Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer (by exam).
• 7 to 12 plus years of experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
New Orleans, United States
Senior Maintenance Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Project Engineer
CAD160000 - CAD170000 per annum
USD800 - USD840 per day, Benefits: 35% Uplift + Business class flights + Accomodation