This is a very exciting time for our Glasgow based client...due to continued expansion and with a pipeline of major projects; they are looking to strengthen the civils team significantly. The staff is the driving force behind this business and they are looking for very like-minded people to help develop this growth.
The client is happy to look at someone either on a staff basis or as a contractor (with the view of potentially reverting to permanent further down the line).
You will ideally be Chartered (or working towards) and have design experience of working in some of the following areas - earthworks, drainage, rail, highways.
- up to date CPD records with a focus on the latest technological advances
- Experience of working in a BIM environment
- AutoCAD & Civil 3D literate (ability to produce Civil 3D models would be advantageous)
- Proficient in the use drainage design software (eg WinDES) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of civil engineering codes of practice, British Standards and Eurocodes
- Knowledge of statutory approvals
- Understanding of the planning process
- Proven technical expertise
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously
- effective project planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Client liaison & representing company at meetings
- able to visit sites to identify issues and solve problems