Our client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of services across the UK and beyond, with offices in Grangemouth.
They are seeking a confident and commercially minded Chartered or Incorporated Engineer to strengthen the engineering team and provide their clients with complete design and consultancy services developing solutions from concept design through to detailed design. The role will involve coordination of design work, management of projects, ensuring that quality standards are met and that designs are value engineered and are innovative in nature.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management and co-ordination of workload and resource requirements for project.
- Responsible for leading engineering project teams, ensuring that project deliverables are on target.
- Responsible for financial management of projects.
- Assist the Associates and Directors in identifying new business opportunities.
- Responsible for developing effective solutions to suit client requirements.
- Responsible for producing preliminary and detailed designs in conjunction with the client, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Liaise directly with clients and assist them in achieving their aspirations.
- Mentor and provide direction to other Engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Produce designed deliverables to a high level of quality ensuring that all design work meets with the relevant technical and quality standards.
- Co-ordinate designs with both internal design teams and other design contractors / vendors.
- Assist with pulling together of commercial bids and the production of tender documentation.
- Review and check designs and drawings.
- Degree qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering and have relevant experience
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer.
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Experience of all stages of the design and construction process.
- Experience of site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors.
- Experience of working to tight time-scales and managing multiple projects at any one time.
- Experience in material take-off and preparation of bills of quantities.
- Excellent technical ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications including writing clear and precise technical reports.
- Competent with MS Office.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience of project management and successful delivery from feasibility to completion.
- A full UK driving licence.