Job DescriptionOur client is currently seeking a Senior Contract Specialist who is able to execute in a ‘commercial’ setting (i.e. not part of supply chain group/processes) against some logistics services that need to be set-up for a new business. This will be a 4-6-month contract to start and will take place in Calgary, AB.
This individual must have:
1. Experience with Transportation/Logistics Contracts (rail is an asset)
2. Critical – stakeholder management both internally and externally is critical
3. Exceptional negotiation skills, strong financial evaluation acumen and ability to piece together a supply chain assessment of different services alternatives (cost and logistics implications of different geographically located services suppliers)
4. Able to negotiate on counterparty paper, while recognizing corporate risks and priorities
5. Needs to have experience and demonstrated success negotiating bespoke / new agreements with complexity. Not just renegotiating existing contracts or following a standard process/template.