Job DescriptionSenior Cost Engineer
- Holding a Bachelor in Mechanical (Electrical / Controls) Engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of Primavera P6
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as Cost Control Engineer, preferably in a similar industry or equivalent.
- Fluent in English, and an excellent communicator and know how to interact in a multicultural environment.
- Develop cost control procedures, project cost control strategy, plans and procedures and shall be able to collate all the essential information to plan the cost estimates for various corporate processes.
- Coordinate development and implementation of project work breakdown structure (WBS) / cost breakdown structure (CBS) in concert with Projects
- Control Specialist and Project Planning/Scheduling Engineer.
- Collect and compile progress and cost data and develop cost-control worksheets and reports.
- Review financial data related to accruals, invoice payments, purchase orders and material deliveries and other financial data.
- Shall be able to ensure that the operating costs for various tasks being handled in the organization remain within the set budget.
- Shall be able to understand client’s budget and plan the project cost control accordingly.
- Monitor, manage and control expenditure involved in carrying out various tasks during project execution.
- Prepare reports on the expenditures made and present the same to the management.
- Process invoices and ensure cost compliance.
- Monitor ongoing project’s expenditures and forecast budgets and set baselines.
- Prepare all related reports with recommended actions for management review.
Main Responsibilities as follows:
- Coordinate and develop appropriate control budgets consistent with project estimate and WBS / CBS.
- Monitor ongoing projects expenditure and forecasted budget verses the set baseline.
- Prepare and manage regular Project Performance Reports and Dashboards.
- Address issues pertaining to project cost control procedures.
- Implement and monitor costs within each project stage and for entire project until completion or close-out
- Responsible for gathering required information from across the group to ensure optimisation of resources and control of all associated project work.
- Analyse potential Project changes and provide associated risks, issues, cost and resources.
- Liaising with the Project Management Team on all relevant cost and planning issue.
- Prepare weekly / monthly Subcontracts accruals for Labour, Materials, Equipment etc.
- Monitor potential of Change Management (internal / customer / supplier) and coordinate with the project stake holders on the same
- Prepare weekly and monthly project budget, actual and forecast reports.