We are currently recruiting for a 3 year contract position based in Melbourne's CBD for a major global player in the oil and gas industry. This role will see you working on the client side on a high profile offshore project. You will be engaged in a corporate capacity working 8AM to 4PM; Monday to Friday in the company's head office. This position will see you coordinating the development strategy, planning and reporting of the OHS requirements of this multi billion dollar offshore project.
Reporting to the project SSHE lead, your key responsibilities will include:
1) Provide management guidance and focus on all OHS matters for the project;
2) Proactively identify OHS issues; to plan and manage their resolution;
3) Develop, implement and monitor/revise the Project Health and Safety Plan to address project permit/approval requirements;
4) Develop and review minimum required competencies and training requirements within the company as well as contractors;
5) Coordinate and assist with the implementation of health, safety, medical and emergency response procedures;
To be considered your CV must demonstrate:
1) A minimum of 10 years experience working in the Australian oil and gas industry, with significant exposure in that time to offshore projects;
2) A degree or diploma level qualification in OHS; 3) Familiarity with Australian regulatory authorities - including NOPSEMA and NOPTA.
4) Safety leadership experience on major construction projects.
If you meet this criteria, I look forward to receiving your application.