Job DescriptionSenior HVAC Utilities Engineer
My client is a leader in the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Their mission is to accelerate and transform discovery, development and manufacturing in the fast growing field of biologics to benefit patients worldwide.
Their brand new facility will be the world’s largest biopharmaceuticals contract manufacturing operation using single use technology.
The Senior HVAC Utilities Engineer, reporting to the Utilities Associate Director, is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all the site’s HVAC systems in line with the relevant auditing (e.g. HPRAFDA) and safety standards.
The Senior HVAC Utilities Engineer will own and manage the site HVAC utilities throughout the facility to deliver compliant systems capable of safe and continuous supplies to all points and users without interruption or impact. The Lead HVAC Utility Engineer will also ensure a safe and compliant start up and when in sustaining, an effective utilities operation, control and monitoring system. The Lead position will lead the consistent application of the site wide maintenance and calibration philosophy and drive an operational excellence and continuous improvement mind-set for the HVAC utilities across the site within the Engineering team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as SME for site HVAC Utility systems. Point of contact for all HVAC Utility related queries.
- Task Supervisor and Area Owner for all HVAC Utility system related work and timely resolution of issues whilst ensuring compliance at all times.
- Management and Control of associated site HVAC Utilities Operational Budget.
- Support audits on the HVAC Utility and associate Compliance/Safety programs, ensuring compliance with Safety, Quality, Environmental Regulatory and Corporate requirements.
- Support all safety and environmental programmes. Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Drives the consistent application of maintenance systems, standards and best practice across the various production and support areas to ensure continuous and reliable supply of HVAC utility systems across the site.
- Review and approve HVAC Utility system modifications, change requests, and SOP’s.
- Develop and champion continuous improvement programs that increase the performance and reliability of HVAC utility equipment and systems.
- Support Engineering Projects, Validation, Warehouse, QC, QA and other departments on all HVAC Utilities Projects/Issues with regard to specification, scope definition, budget preparation, detailed engineering design, purchasing, inspection, validation, installation and commissioning of all new machinery and buildings.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits and incident investigations.
- Lead Deviation investigations within the department. Use lean six sigma tools to drive root cause identification and CAPA completion
- Technical qualifications at third level or equivalent in Engineering.
- 5-10+ years of relevant Engineering experience.
- Experience of operation of HVAC equipment within the sterile / biotech pharmaceutical sector a must
- Knowledge of safety, GMP and environmental regulatory requirements associated with HVAC.
- Demonstrated capability within an Audit environment (specifically EHS and GMP).
- Good problem solving skills, technical report writing and self-directed.
- Strong Communication and Leadership skills.
- A proven track record of delivering continuous improvement and value added activities.
- Ability to lead & motivate multi-skilled maintenance technicians.
- Good priority setting skills, and the ability to deal with multiple tasks.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.