Knowledge of IEC 61508 & 61511, DCS control system (ideally Delta V) and experience of working in a plant start-up, modification and commissioning role in a top tier COMAH Manufacturing environment is essential.
The ideal candidate must have good communication skills and self-motivated and should be familiar with current standards and legislation required to enable delivery of compliant work to a high standard, within budget and within tight time constraints.
- Extensive and relevant control and instrumentation in a Chemical Manufacturing environment
- Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Functional Safety standards (FSEng preferred).
- ATEX standards (CompEX ex 12 preferred).
- Instrumentation design standards.
- Project Scoping & Definition.
- Work allocation / progress monitoring.
- Equipment specification & procurement.
- Task planning.
- Excellent problem solving skills including 6 Sigma, RCA, FEMA and RCM.Extensive DCS
- Progress reporting.
- Cost monitoring.
- C&I Loop design.
- Instrumentation panel design.
- Specification of instrumentation.
- Control system interfaces.
- Single cable calculations.
- Experience of DCS Systems, instrumentation specification and procurement ( pressure, flow, temperature, density, level etc, control valves and positioners, process analysers)
- Ability to obtain and analyse a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Instrumentation hazardous area design and installation.
- Construction supervision / auditing
- Functional testing specification
- Commissioning management
- Relevant Engineering Degree or HNC minimum with demonstrable experience.
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Literate.
- Team player / Team motivator.