Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 + Benefits
The Client The Role
Our client is a global leader in the solar industry. They distribute their solar products and sells its solutions and services to a diversified international utility, commercial and residential customer base.
- Provide legal support in connection with existing projects in Mexico and Argentina and upcoming bidding and M&A projects in LATAM countries and Spain;
- Support project development and finance team in tax efficient project shareholding/corporate structure that complies with Madrid‘s legal and regulatory requirements;
- Support legal due diligence on prospect development, investment/financing opportunities;
- Manage and evaluate international and local outside counsels;
- Draft, review, comment on project Shareholders Meetings and Agreements, Powers of Attorney, EPC and O&M term sheet, EPC/O&M/development/investment/financing/project sales agreements, assist development, investment, EPC and financing teams in negotiation of all key project contracts and investment/financing/project sales agreements;
- Interact with Federal, State and Municipal authorities when required;
- Provide advice and support to our management on risk management, compliance and other legal related matters related to the Mexico Project Business; and
- Support claims, disputes, mediations, litigations and arbitrations on behalf of the Mexico Project Business.
- Travel as required.
- Law Degree from reputable university in Mexico/Spain.
- LLM from a reputable US university is a plus.
- Licensed to practice as in-house counsel in Mexico/Spain, current good standing.
- 8+ years of relevant law practice experience at a reputable Mexican/Spanish firm and/or in the corporate legal department of a reputable Mexican/Spanish company.
- In-house counsel experience in energy companies is a plus.
- Experience in project finance is a plus.
- Experience in EPC, project development and/or renewables industry is a plus.
- Strong ethics and impeccable integrity.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, and business associates.
- Excellent coordination skills; ability to coordinate each workstream internally.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (Written/Oral).