This position will provide support to the Onshore Operations team, coordinating relevant Occupational Hygiene (OH) programs and provide OH advice. This encompasses the implementation of OH plans, procedures, and guidelines; monitoring occupational health risks and promoting OH awareness, compliance and continuous improvement
You will be required to conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times.
- Ensure all legal obligations in relation to OH are identified and measures for compliance are implemented
- Actively engage and contribute to the HSE communication and consultation processes
- Manage external OH consultancy and analysis services for Onshore Operations and assure the quality of their deliverables. Analyse and communicate the results of these deliverables to individuals, workgroups and management
- Participate in Health Exposure Assessments and HAZID workshops as required for the Onshore facility
- Provide input and support for the development and revision of OH procedures for the operations phase of the project.
In this role you will have the capacity to lead and influence matters of Occupational Health and Hygiene, having the ability to work within a high performing team within a dynamic corporate and project environment
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with:
- Operations Management
- Operations Superintendents
- Maintenance Coordinators
- Shutdown coordinators
- Intensive Care Paramedics
- Core contractor personnel involved in operational work activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The preferred applicant will have a minimum 5 years’ experience within oil and gas operations or other relevant heavy industry experience, along with a Tertiary qualification in Occupational Hygiene. Previous experience as a Noise Officer or Radiation Safety Officer is highly desirable and Membership of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists or relevant international society will be favoured.
Knowledge in the following subject matter areas (essential):
- Exposure Monitoring
- Engineering Controls/Ventilation
- Thermal Stressors
- Noise management
- Radiation – Ionizing and Non-ionizing
- Hazardous Process Contaminants (BTEX, Mercury, Total VOCs, NORM)
- Chemical Management
- Community Exposure
- Biostatistics & Epidemiology