An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Medicinal Chemist to join the Lead Discovery group of an established and well funded Biotech in the Oxfordshire area. Are you a highly experienced Research Chemist with a background in early stage small molecule discovery and interested in the opportunity to progress your career in an innovative environment?
- Design and execution of complex Synthetic Chemistry experiments
- Development of chemical probes to enhance lead generation
- interpretation of complex Structure Activity Relationship (SAR) and high throughput screening (HTS) data to develop chemical strategy
- Leadership of early portfolio projects for target identification and lead optimisation
- PhD or equivalent experience in Chemistry
- A strong background of Medicinal Chemistry in the Pharmaceutical industry
- A good knowledge of exploratory chemistry, chemical probes and lead generation