Job DescriptionAker Solutions' Products UK Application Engineering team, based in Aberdeen and Reading, is responsible for delivering multi-disciplined engineering for our subsea controls systems and system architecture to all Aker Delivery Centres. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers provide FEED and detail engineering into Front End and Projects, support to our manufacturing facilities, the provision of diagnostic and fault analysis and front line global support for the controls product portfolio.
We are looking for 6 Senior Software Engineers to strengthen our team and focus on delivering the software for Subsea Production System from concept through to commissioning. We need engineers with a passion for technology and continuous personal development, who are driven to deliver the best possible control systems to our customers.
We are seeking engineers who are driven to deliver the best possible control systems to our customers.
You will be focused on delivering the software for Subsea Production System from concept thought to commissioning.
This role is focused on the design and configuration of Master Control Stations (MCS) which act as the hub for all communication and control for the subsea production system.
In addition senior engineers will be required to;
- Manage the development, implementation, test, and maintenance of software development work
- Support and manage task of other engineers on your project
- Ensure allocated work scopes are produced within budget and timescale
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree level education in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Candidates with an appropriate level of work experience will also be considered)
- Prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to implement a control system design
- Experienced in the design and development of complex PLC programs using ladder logic and structured text; and of Human Machine Interfaces for industrial process control
- Experienced in design and fault finding techniques associated with serial communications system; and IP based communications system
It would be particularly useful if candidates also had experience of any of the following;
- Experience of Subsea Control Systems design, development, testing and commissioning
- Experience using;
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix systems
- ICONICS Genesis 32 or 64
- Trihedral VTScada
- Knowledge of OPC DA, AE, HDA, and UA within a control system, and Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP/IP
- Familiarity using / administration of Linux based Servers
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco switches
- Experience applying cyber security measures to industrial control systems
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Stephen Laurie, Senior Recruiter on 020 8811 7385