Job DescriptionOur UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers support the full project life cycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects. We also provide global support to our manufacturing facilities and provision of diagnostic and fault analysis for the controls product portfolio.
We have exciting opportunities for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing Applications Engineering team, in fact we currently have a requirement for an additional 6 engineers. These key roles take the lead in the technical delivery of the full control system software package. We need engineers with a strong background in control system design, the ability to establish requirements with internal and external stakeholders and lead a team of software engineers to execute a project on time and with a quality outcome.
- Leading a project team of software engineers ensuring adherence to process, quality and on time delivery
- Overall responsibility for the technical solution
- Communicate at all levels of the company
- Serve as the main point of contact to the customer for control system software
- Act as technical interface towards 3rd Party supervisory control system suppliers
- Effectively manage requirements and change
- Review and approve all technical deliveries related to control system software
- Bachelors Degree in a software or engineering based discipline
- Extensive experience of delivering control system software
- Prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle
- Proven team leadership skills
- Experience of designing the end to end architecture of complex control systems
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
- Knowledge of a variety of PLC and SCADA platforms
- Human Machine Interface design for industrial process control
It is essential for Software engineers to have experience and knowledge of the following;
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco switches
- Familiarity with IEC 61511/62443, NIST directives, HSE OG-0086 and Oil & Gas companies’ requirements for cyber security
- Knowledge of, and experience applying cyber security defence measures to industrial control systems
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC programming
- Understanding of Industrial protocols such as OPC and Modbus
- Proven requirement management skills
- Technical project management experience
- Experience of Subsea Control Systems design, development, testing and commissioning.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Stephen Laurie, Senior Recruiter: 020 8811 7385