Location: Baton Rouge, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a leading Petrochemical Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Shift Supervisor to support a specialty chemicals plant to be based in Baton Rouge, LA.
- The Shift Supervisor provides day-to-day operational guidance in the management of a specialty chemicals facility to ensure and improve safe, reliable and cost efficient plant operations.
- Maintains high asset reliability and safe operations by taking a proactive approach in the monitoring, operation and maintenance of the assets.
- Provides clear direction to Operations Shift Team to ensure safe and efficient operation of the asset to meet and exceed the Company’s targets.
- Works with the other teams in the planning, scheduling, execution and evaluation of daily maintenance activities.
- He or she ensures approved policies, guidelines, procedures and performance management systems are complied with by the Operations Shift Team. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the training, development, mentoring and managing the performance of all direct reports. He or she ensures Shift Teams are adequately manned at all times to handle the Process Plant and any emergencies that may arise.
- The position is the Incident Commander for any incidents on the facility and is accountable for the initial response and management of incidents to ensure safety of all personnel and assets.
- During off-hours, weekends and public holidays, this position assumes full responsibility for the Site.
- The Shift Supervisor is the first level of management and is the intermediary between the Shift teams and Site Management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 8-10 years operational management experience in specialty chemicals industry.