A global manufacturing and engineering business is looking for a skilled and qualified engineer to work at the company workshop and also visit customer sites for the purpose of service, commissioning and installation of various drives and controls. This role will cover the Midlands, North West and some of the South.
The right person for this role will have experience of working on customer sites ad will split their time between the Birmingham workshop and customers. You will have a lengthy background in drives including Variable speed drives, servo drives and ACD/DC. This role will normally require travel and overtime will probably be necessary.
- Maintenance, service, installation and commissioning of various drives including Servo, VSD, AC/DC for rotating machinery
- Maintenance, service, installation and commissioning of PLC’s and other automation controls
- Visit customer sites to diagnose, fault find and repair
- Manage customers with focused customer service skills
- Adhere to all quality, compliance and H&S policies when working
- Engineering qualifications
- Variable speed drives repair experience
- AC/DC, Servo drives knowledge
- Automation and controls experience
- Previous Field Service / Customer site work
- Higher qualifications in engineering
- Commercial awareness and upselling
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Contributory Pension
- Company vehicle
Field service, maintenance engineer, service engineer, repair, installation, commissioning, servo drives, Variable speed drives, VSD, AD/DC, PLC, automation, control systems, customer.
Location – Birmingham