Job DescriptionOur UK Technology Centre, based in Reading, is responsible for project execution and delivery of Subsea controls systems. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers support the full project lifecycle from Front End engineering for FEED studies to detailed engineering, implementation, testing and commissioning support for customer delivery Projects. We also provide global support to our manufacturing facilities and provision of diagnostic and fault analysis for the controls product portfolio.
We are looking for an additional 4 Software engineers to join a growing team responsible for control system software. The role of Software Engineer (Architecture) involves supporting the technical delivery of the full control system software package. These roles require engineers with a strong background in control system design, the ability to establish requirements with internal and external stakeholders and support the execution of a project on time and with a quality outcome.
- Take responsibility for delivering the technical solution
- Communicate at all levels of the company
- Serve as a point of contact to the customer for control system software
- Act as technical interface towards 3rd Party supervisory control system suppliers
- Adhere to process, quality and on time delivery
- Bachelors Degree in a software or engineering based discipline
- Extensive experience of delivering control system software
- Prior experience using a defined software development lifecycle
- Experience of designing the end to end architecture of complex control systems
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, process and tools.
- Knowledge of a variety of PLC and SCADA platforms
- Human Machine Interface design for industrial process control
- Familiarity with network design, configuration and management of Cisco switches
- Familiarity with IEC 61511/62443, NIST directives, HSE OG-0086 and Oil & Gas companies’ requirements for cyber security
- Knowledge of, and experience applying cyber security defence measures to industrial control systems
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC programming
- Understanding of Industrial protocols such as OPC and Modbus
- Proven requirement management skills
- Technical project management experience
- Experience of Subsea Control Systems design, development, testing and commissioning.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Stephen Laurie, Senior Recruiter on 020 8811 7385