ESSENTIAL:- Agile methodologies. Agile Project Management Software (Jira, Target Process). Microservice architecture. Event Sourcing architecture. Database technologies (incl. My SQL & Mongo DB). Event streaming technologies (Kafka). Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (especially Powerpoint & Visio). RESTful APIs
The Software Solutions Designer will be a key member of Solution Design Community. You will be driven to get a detailed understanding of the business processes & the systems that support these in order to become a point of contact in the development squads for understanding the context of the change being requested
- Software Solutions Designer to outline development roadmap vision, working with business stakeholders & Enterprise Architect in defining the scope of change that is being requested for IT systems.
- Manage & run a series of user story mapping workshops with stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Be innovative with ideas & research recommendations for defining the short & long term vision for IT software estate.
- Writing user stories to a definition of ready for development.
- Prioritise bugs & observations in the squad backlog.
- Arrange demonstrations of user stories with business stakeholders where applicable.
- Accountability for the delivery of software solutions worked through with the business ensuring their requirements are being delivered by the development squads.
- Software Solutions Designer to communicate the software solution design to the Solution Design team ensuring any decisions on technologies are documented & progressed with the relevant parties.
- Working with other areas of the IT department to identify dependencies & manage these throughout a sprint.
- Perform release planning, working with the Head of Application Solution Design to define the development roadmap.
- Work with the UX team to define user journeys for our products & shape the UX process.
- Software Solutions Designer to work with the Head of Functional design & the business to manage the squad backlogs, by prioritising stories & managing a number of dependencies across the squads.
- Attend scrum meetings & assist development with understanding context of the stories.
- Work with technical teams to collaboratively define the Software Solution Design for projects being delivered by the squad.
Requirement gathering techniques. Workshop facilitation. Enthusiastic & self-driven. Strong communication skills, verbally & in documentation/presentation. Experience of working on complex software focused change projects. An ability to understand technical & functional extent of customer requirements.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK