To qualify, candidate must possess the following :
- Licensed Professional Engineer or internationally recognised Certified Welding Engineer for at least 15 years minimum.
- Experience in early design, detailed design and construction activities associated with off shore oil and gas facilities and CRA subsea pipeline systems.
- Membership of a recognized professional engineering association (institution, or other professional body), is preferable.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the upstream oil and gas industry with an Oil and Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor, of which at least 5 years should have been in a Lead or Principal role with full technical responsibility for welding and materials engineering activities.
- Familiar with international welding codes.
- Recent practical project experience with sour service CRA clad or lined subsea pipelines is an essential requirement (minimum10 years, 3 projects with sour service)
- Team player, essential.
- International mobility and a willingness and ability to work in various geographical and regionals locations, onshore fabrication sites, and offshore facilities and/or vessels is essential.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of the role of Senior Welding Engineer, for sour service projects in the Oil & Gas industry, with major IOC, NOC and/or major engineering companies during early design (pre-FEED and FEED) and EPIC stages of medium to large projects
- Strong knowledge of welding engineering in design stage and as a client.
- Extensive experience as a materials engineer for non-metallic materials (including coatings, etc)
- Sound knowledge of HSE standards and safe work methods, JHA in brownfield, and good knowledge of design and engineering procedures, and familiarity with Shell DEPs
- Proficient in use of computer work processor and spreadsheet software.
- Extensive experience in ECA and the development of weld defect acceptance criteria, specifically as applied to sour service CRA clad or lined pipelines in a subsea environment, subject to lateral buckling.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing through memos and engineering reports.
- Experience in the fabrication of major sour service equipment packages, in Chinese fabrication yard(s).